Kids Grow Big ~ Gift Set
"Watch the kids. Do like they do. Act like they act. Yell like they yell. Dance the ways you see them dance. Sing like they sing. Work and rest the way the kids do.
You'll be healthier. You'll feel wealthier. You'll talk wiser. You'll go higher, do better, and live longer here amongst us if you'll just only jump in here and swim around in these songs and do like the kids do. I don't want the kids to be grownup. I want to see the grown folks be kids." - WG
Celebrating Woody's playful, children's songs with this delightful collection!
This Gift Set includes:
- "Songs To Grow On For Mother And Child" CD
- "Daddy-O-Daddy" CD
- "This Land Is Your Land" Book
- "Peace" magnet
- 2 x "Blackwing" pencils
"Songs To Grow On For Mother And Child" CD
Artist: Woody Guthrie
Recommended ages: 2+ and new parents
"I really did try to slant these songs at all of your citizens from 4 to 6, but I spilled over a little on every side" - Woody Guthrie.
Beautifully remastered vintage recording with vocals, acoustic guitar and rattles.
1. Grassy Grass Grass (Grow Grow Grow)
2. Swimmy Swim
3. Little Sugar (Little Saka Sugar)
4. Rattle My Rattle
5. I Want My Milk (I Want It Now)
7. One Day Old
8. Wash-y Wash Wash (Warshy Little Tootsy)
9. I’ll Eat You, I’ll Drink You
10. Make A Blobble
11. Who’s My Pretty Baby (Hey Pretty Baby)
12. I’ll Write and I’ll Draw
13. Why, Oh Why
14. Pick It Up
15. Pretty and Shiny-O
16. Needle Sing
17. Bling Blang
18. Goodnight Little Arlo (Goodnight Little Darlin')
Smithsonian/Folkways. 1992. CD.
Artist: Various Artists
Recommended ages: 6+
"You can follow your book and your map of wars, but I'll go and follow my kids." - Woody Guthrie
A collection of family songs, including new lyrics from the Woody Guthrie Archives. Features a rare 1951 home recording of Woody reciting his new lyric, "Howdy Little Newlycome". Featured artists: Taj Mahal, Joe Ely & Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Billy Bragg and the Blokes, Ramblin' Jack Elliott, Cissy Houston, Syd Straw, Kim Wilson, and Woody Guthrie.
1. Howdy Little Newlycome ~ Woody Guthrie
2. Want to See Me Grow ~ Joe Ely & Jimmie Dale Gilmore
3. Don't You Push Me Down ~ Taj Mahal
4. New Baby Train ~ Kim Wilson
5. Little Seed ~ Cissy Houston
6. Dry Bed ~ Billy Bragg & The Blokes
7. Little Sack O Sugar ~ Taj Mahal
8. My Daddy (Flies a Ship in the Sky) ~ Syd Straw
9. I'll Write and I'll Draw ~ Ramblin' Jack Elliott
10. Bigger ~ Kim Wilson
11. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 ~ Billy Bragg & The Blokes
12. Tippy Tap Toe ~ Jimmie Dale Gilmore & Joe Ely
13. Curly Headed Baby ~ Ramblin' Jack Elliott
14. Sleep Eye ~ Cissy Houston
15. Howdy Little Newlycome ~ Woody Guthrie
Rounder. 2001. CD.
"This Land Is Your Land" Book
Words by Woody Guthrie, Illustrated by Kathy Jakobsen
Recommended Ages: 2+
*A Guthrie Family Favorite!
People all over the world are enjoying Jakobsen's beautiful illustration while learning the song that has inspired millions. This special edition features hidden "secrets" about Woody's life that can be found within Jakobsen's detailed artwork.
11.3" x 8.8". Hachette Book Group. Hardcover. 42 pgs. 2020.
"Peace" artwork - 2" x 3" Magnet
Artwork by Woody Guthrie.
2" x 3" hard backed refrigerator magnet
2 x "Blackwing" Pencils
Blackwing is honoring Woody Guthrie's life and creative legacy with their limited edition Blackwing pencil #223!
This is a tribute to Woody and his immutable optimism. Each pencil features a design inspired by This Land’s “ribbon of highway,” “endless skyway” and “golden valley.” The matte black ferrule and earth-toned eraser are a nod to the many miles Woody traveled.