New Releases ~ Gift Set
"All of my words, if not well put, nor well taken, are well meant." - WG
Check out this collection of new releases that were all made while we were home during the pandemic. Woody kept us motivated and moving forward.
This Gift Set includes:
- "Woody Guthrie: Songs and Art • Words and Wisdom" Book (Autographed)
- "This Machine Still Kills Fascists" CD- "Blackwing" Notebook
- "Home in This World: Woody Guthrie's Dustbowl Ballads" CD
- "Blackwing" Pencil Set
- "Woody's New Years Rulin's" Print
"Woody Guthrie: Songs and Art • Words and Wisdom" Book
by Nora Guthrie & Robert Santelli
Curated by his daughter Nora Guthrie and music historian Robert Santelli the new book Woody Guthrie: Songs and Art • Words and Wisdom delves deep into his archives, giving unprecedented access and visibility to his lyrics, art, and correspondence; and spotlights Guthrie’s passionate social politics which are as vital today as ever.
Chronicle Books. Hardcover. Full color. 340 pgs. November 16, 2021.
"This Machine Still Kills Fascists" CD
Artist: Dropkick Murphys
Dropkick Murphys founder Ken Casey explained, “The project has been a long time in the making. Nora Guthrie thought her father would’ve got a kick out of us, would’ve liked us, that we were somewhat kindred spirits so to speak, which to us was a huge honor.”
Nora Guthrie added, “I collected lyrics on all kinds of topics…lyrics that seemed to be needed to be said – or screamed – today. Ken Casey is a master at understanding Woody’s lyrics, which can be complicated, long, deadly serious, or totally ridiculous. DKM is capable of delivering them all.”
1. Two 6's Upside Down
2. Talking Jukebox
3. Ten Times More
4. Never Git Drunk No More (feat. Nikki Lane)
5. All You Fonies
6. The Last One (feat. Evan Felker of Turnpike Troubadors)
7. Cadillac, Cadillac
8. Waters Are A Risin'
9. Where Trouble Is At
10. Dig A Hole (feat. Woody Guthrie and Cole Rotante)
Dummy Luck Music. 2022. CD.
"Home in This World: Woody Guthrie's Dustbowl Ballads" CD
Artists: Shovels & Rope, Lost Dog Street Band, Watkins Family Hour, John Paul White, Lee Ann Womack, Colter Wall, Waxahatchee, Chris Thile, Lillie Mae Rische, The Felice Brothers, The Secret Sisters, Swamp Dogg, Mark Lanegan, and Parker Millsap.
1. Dust Bowl Blues - Shovels & Rope
2. I Ain't Got No Home In This World Anymore - Lost Dog Street Band
3. Blowin' Down This Road - Watkins Family Hour
4. Pretty Boy Floyd - John Paul White
5. Dusty Old Dust - Lee Ann Womack
6. Do Re Mi - Colter Wall
7. Talkin Dust Bowl Blues - Waxahatchee
8. Tom Joad Part 1 - Chris Thile
9. Tom Joad Part 2 - Lillie Mae Rische
10. The Great Dust Storm - The Felice Brothers
11. Dust Cain't Kill Me - The Secret Sisters
12. Dust Bowl Refugee - Swamp Dogg
13. Dust Pneumonia Blues - Mark Lanegan
14. Vigilante Man - Parker Millsap
Blackwing #223 Notebook & Pencil Set
Blackwing is honoring Woody Guthrie's life and creative legacy with a limited edition Blackwing #223 pencil and notebook!
This is a tribute to Woody and his immutable optimism. Each pencil features a design inspired by This Land’s “ribbon of highway,” “endless skyway” and “golden valley.” The matte black ferrule and earth-toned eraser are a nod to the many miles Woody traveled. The balanced graphite formulation works well for both writing and sketching so you, too, can fill your pages with what you see.
This limited edition A5 composition notebook features 160 pages of high-quality, 80 GSM ruled paper. Each book is sewn-bound and finished with a cardstock cover featuring a design inspired by one of Woody’s personal composition books. As a special treat, we included a piece of Woody's artwork in the back inside cover of this special notebook.
Limited edition of set of 12 pencils. Notebook dimensions: 6" x 8". Designed by Blackwing.
"Woody's New Years Rulin's" 14x11 Print
Woody's heartfelt and playful resolutions written on New Year’s Day, 1943. From December 29, 1942 until January 1, 1943, Woody filled a 72-page composition book with a letter to his love, Marjorie.
This little gem, in the middle of the book, provides insight into his daily concerns at the time — the large and the small — and reflect his hopes of being his best before the birth of their first child together, Cathy Ann Guthrie. Resolution #30 LOVE PETE refers to “Railroad Pete,” the playful nickname Woody and Marjorie gave their unborn child.
Designed by Steven Brower. Dimensions: 14" x 11"